STACK OVERFLOW – developer technology l New York, NY
Product Marketing Manager l 12.2016 - Present
• Product Engagement: Create, develop, and execute campaign ideas to increase user engagement of Stack Overflow’s developer-facing products. For example, currently working collaboratively with Product, Engineering, Design, and Marketing to develop monthly campaigns focused on user motivations. Because this requires development resources across all teams, each campaign must be data-driven and well-organized.
• Forecasting and Modeling: Campaign planning requires using data to determine media mix, campaign timing, budget, and target Key Performance Indicators. This work is mostly done by using SQL to query data from multiple sources to Looker, analyzing data sets in Excel, and conducting user surveys, and finding supplemental data in Google Analytics
GENERAL ASSEMBLY – education l New York, NY
Marketing Manager, New Launches l 12.2015 – 12.2016
• Product Launches: Created go-to-market strategies for 7 new educational courses. Each required unique marketing mixes of SEM, SEO, paid social, email, content, strategic partnerships and event marketing tactics – all based on market research conducted to identify local product fit. The 2016 revenue from these new products was ~$10M.
• Market Expansions: Led the global activation and announcement of 12 new General Assembly locations, developing activation marketing strategies and tactics. The announcement landed placements in top tech publications and with social media influencers. The biggest activation was the Denver campus, which captured thousands of local leads within the first weeks of activation at a below average Cost Per Lead.
• Search Engine Optimization: Led the development of the biggest on-site optimization changes in the company’s history, primarily owning the SEO research and strategy. Worked collaboratively with Product, Engineering, and Design to plan and implement the on-site changes, aligning all tactics with development roadmaps.
MAKERBOT INDUSTRIES – desktop 3D printing market l New York, NY
Senior Social Media Manager l 6.2014 – 12.2015
• Social Media: Managed all social media channels, strategies, and tactics – including both organic and paid social media marketing. Managed the social editorial calendar, campaign creation, and art direction to both build the online company brand, increase new user acquisition, and help push prospects through the conversion funnel. Grew all social media channels from thousands to tens- and hundreds-of-thousands, while also establishing benchmarks for social CPC, CPL, and conversion rates by channel.
• Strategic Activations: Created and executed campaign activations for product launches, such as a 2015 product launch at the Consumer Electronics Show. Developed marketing plans with Martha Stewart Living Omnimedia and General Electric to showcase the latest product features. The activation won multiple awards, including Oanalytica’s 39th most influential CES campaign and Time’s Most Eye-Catching Booths.
• On-Site Optimization: Managed SEO and on-site testing strategies using a combination of Google Analytics and Dynamic Yield to test website modules, campaign=specific landing pages, and checkout flow. Bounce rate decreased from 90% to 30%, checkout conversion improved by 40%. Organic traffic to core products increased on all target keywords.
APPLAUZE – music and concerts l San Francisco, CA
Growth Marketing Consultant l 3.2014 - 6.2014
• Paid Social Media: Managed a monthly $100K budget to generate mobile app downloads through Facebook Ads, beginning with an activation at SXSW 2014. The bulk of the work was creating the foundational processes: testing methods, baseline metric benchmarks, account structure, and automated reporting.
• Email marketing: Developed data capture process, list segmentation of 300,000 users, send automation, and testing strategies – primary tools include Mailchimp, Mixpanel, Google Analytics, RJMetrics, Heroku, and partner APIs. Final open rates: 70%, CTR: 35%.
PRICING ENGINE - digital advertising agency l New York, NY
Marketing Associate l 10.2012 - 3.2014
• Pay-Per-Click Advertising: Launched, maintained, and optimized AdWords, Facebook, Twitter, and reddit PPC campaigns for hundreds of Pricing Engine's small business clients, requiring cross-platform campaign tracking, custom dashboard creation, event tracking, and use of Google Tag Manager.
• Social Media: Developed a core social strategy using Facebook, Twitter, LinkedIn, and Google+, and using tools such as Hootsuite, Hubspot, Mention, and Unfollowers.
• Content Marketing: Managed Pricing Engine's blog to educate small business owners about the values of digital marketing, and to position Pricing Engine’s CEO as an industry thought leader. Wrote all text ads, product copy, and long-form content (ebooks, blog posts, press releases).
NEW YORK UNIVERSITY, PAUL MCGHEE DIVISION - New York, NY
Adjunct Faculty, Web Analytics l 12.2016 - Present
• Teach New York University’s first full semester web analytics course, as part of the BS of Marketing Analytics undergraduate program. Students learn core web analytics concepts and principles, including mastery of Google Analytics.
GENERAL ASSEMBLY - New York, NY
Lead Instructor and Mentor, Digital Marketing l 7.2014 - Present
• Instruct a 10-week digital marketing business course for adult learners to master core digital marketing skills, including SEM, SEO, paid social, organic social, web analytics, content marketing, and email marketing.
• Instruct a several digital marketing bootcamps, including Google Analytics, Google AdWords, Facebook Ads, Search Engine Optimization, and social media strategy.